Welcome to the Martin Band Instrument Database
The goal of this database is to create the most detailed visual reference material for Martin Trumpets & Cornets from the 1930’s through till the 1960’s.
This information is dedicated to the hard working men and women who created such wonderful instruments for us to play and enjoy over the decades that they were in operation. (Pictured above is a staff photo from 1950 of the workers at the Martin Band Instruments Factory).
The database will be an evolving process as it will change and develop over time. At this stage information and visual elements are basic. Once I have further time (this database is 100's of hours already) then I will make it visually more appealing and bring added detail (i.e. dimensions etc).
Please click each link below for further information (Items without links are still being compiled)
LAST UPDATE: APRIL 2020
- Visual Guide to Martin Trumpets & Cornets (Updated Apr 2020)
- Martin Trumpet and Cornet Cases
- Martin Mouthpieces (Updated Apr 2020)
- Martin Bell Variations and Engraving
- Finger Button and Trim Kit Designs (IN PROGRESS)
- Finger Rings & Hooks
- 3rd Slide Ring Designs
- Trumpet Bracing
- Martin Condition Guide
- Identifying Bore sizes and markings
- Serial Numbers List
- Martin 'Sleeper' Trumpets
- Martin Published Materials & Advertising (Updated Apr 2020)
- Martin Factory Workers 1950